Bus pass time restrictions temporarily lifted in Wiltshire from 1 February
People will be able to use their buss passes temporarily before 9.30am from 1 February
From Monday 1 February start time restrictions on Wiltshire Council bus passes will be temporarily lifted, to give people more opportunities to get to COVID-19 vaccination appointments they may have.
Usually, people can only use their bus passes from 9.30am but people will be able to use them at any time until schools fully reopen.
Cllr Philip Whitehead, Leader of Wiltshire Council, said:
We don't want anyone to miss out on their vaccinations, so we hope this helps our older population to get to where they need to go and helps to ease any worries that they might not have been able to attend.
It will also give them more opportunities to take essential journeys and pick up any supplies they may need.
I would urge everyone to continue to follow all COVID measures on public transport and do everything possible to keep each other safe.
Regarding public transport, the government guidance states:
- You can continue using the public transport network if you need to travel for an exempt reason.
- You must wear a face covering on public transport and in substantially enclosed areas of transport hubs in England. You will be breaking the law if you fail to do so and could be fined.
- Some people don't have to wear a face covering for health, age or disability reasons.
- You should remove your face covering if asked to do so by a police officer or other relevant person.
- It is important to wash or sanitise your hands before and after touching your face covering.
- If you need to dispose of your face covering, use 'black bag' waste bins or litter bins. You should not use a recycling bin.