Report a dangerous structure
How to report dangerous structures including buildings, parts of buildings, walls and other structures.
Buildings and structures can become dangerous following a fire, an explosion, the impact of a vehicle or due to storm damage or high winds. If you need to report a dangerous structure then please use the contact details below and give as much information as possible.
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Call us on 0300 456 0113
Call us on: 0300 456 0100
Once a report is received a surveyor will visit the site to access the danger and any risks
- We'll try and contact the owner for them to remove the danger.This may be by removing loose bricks, tiles or by fencing off the danger to stop access.
- If the owner is not present and immediate action is required then we can take emergency powers to make the situation safe.
If there is no immediate danger
- We'll contact the owner of the building or structure and request them to remove the danger
- If this isn't done within a specified time we can get a court order that requires the owner to carry out the work.
- The costs of any works carried out can be recovered from the property owner and may be registered as a charge on the local property register.