COVID-19 - support and community groups
Wiltshire Wellbeing Hub
Our Wiltshire Wellbeing Hub remains in place for those who may need additional support.
You can call the hub on 0300 003 4576 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. It's open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm and Saturday from 10am to 4pm.
Those who require help with tasks such as picking up food and other essentials, should ask friends or family or order online. If they do not have family, friends or a support network that can help, please contact the Wiltshire Wellbeing Hub and request help.
Our Wiltshire Wellbeing Hub staff can:
- Connect you with local community groups who can assist you with your support needs - please see enclosed information with useful local contact details
- Resolve any issues with the delivery of medication from a pharmacy
- Give you ideas for staying physically and mentally well.
But they cannot:
- Give professional health advice
- In an emergency please dial 999
- For all other medical advice please go online to NHS 111 online wherever possible, or if you do not have access to the internet dial NHS 111.
For mental health support please contact:
- North Team - 01249 468500
- South Team - 01722432555
- West Team - 01249 706611
- Emergency Duty Service for out of hours and weekends - 0300 456 0100 (Option 7 then 1 for Adults)
- Avon & Wilts mental health care provider (24/7) - 0300 303 1320
- NHS 'GoodSam' - 0808 196 3382
- Richmond Fellowship Mon-Fri 24 hours - 01380 724833
With new national restrictions in place, it's important we find ways to keep our spirits up and ensure we have fun whilst complying with the new guidance. So we've put together a list of ideas you might wish to try either on your own or with members of your household or support bubble. Give them a try, and let us know how you get on. You can tag us in your social media posts using #WiltshireTogether
Self-isolation support payment scheme
If you are required to self-isolate, a £500 payment is available if you are working and on a low income and will lose money because you cannot work from home.
If you are self-isolating because you've come home from another country this does not mean you are eligible, you must have a unique Test and Trace number provided by the NHS to qualify, as well as the other criteria detailed below.
- have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace after Monday, 28 September 2020 and have a unique Test and Trace number provided by the NHS
- be a Wiltshire resident
- be employed or self-employed
- have lost income by being unable to work from home while self-isolating
- be receiving at least one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Pension Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- income-based Employment Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit.
Please visit our COVID-19 Test and Trace payment support scheme webpage for more information and how to apply.
Shop local directory
To support local retailers and small businesses during the COVID-19 crisis, we have put together a Shop Local, Support Wiltshire Directory.
Sorted by place, shoppers can find the businesses close to them, many offering the option to buy online or click and collect.
Community Groups Directory
The communities of Wiltshire have risen to the challenge of COVID-19 throughout the year to make sure people are supported through this very difficult time. We have collated all the community groups we have identified so far in our, which also contains a link to details on local food banks. This directory is updated regularly so please ensure you are using the most recent one. The date it was last updated can be found on the front cover.
In the time available we have only been able to collate this directory and therefore this is not an endorsement of the groups listed but it is for you to decide what use you will make of the offers of support at this time.
If anyone uses a community group and has concerns about the response/practice please inform us by emailing email@example.com giving the clear reasons for your concern. The council wants to ensure that everybody can access the support they need. If you make contact with a group and they cannot help or you do not get a response within the required time-frame, then please do not hesitate to contact the council by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will ensure you get the support you need.
Map of community groups
Take a look at the community groups map. It shows the general location of the community groups featured in the directory. You can use the search box towards the top left of the page to find a particular location. To find out what services each group are offering, the area they cover and contact details, just click on a red star. Some groups cover a wide area so it is worth checking neighbouring locations as well.