COVID-19 - support and community groups
Wiltshire Wellbeing Hub
Our Wiltshire Wellbeing Hub remains in place for those who may need additional support.
You can call the hub on 0300 003 4576 or email email@example.com. It's open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm and Saturday from 10am to 4pm.
Those who require help with tasks such as picking up food and other essentials, should ask friends or family or order online. If they do not have family, friends or a support network that can help, please contact the Wiltshire Wellbeing Hub and request help.
Our Wiltshire Wellbeing Hub staff can:
- Connect you with local community groups who can assist you with your support needs - please see enclosed information with useful local contact details
- Resolve any issues with the delivery of medication from a pharmacy
- Give you ideas for staying physically and mentally well.
But they cannot:
- Give professional health advice
- In an emergency please dial 999
- For all other medical advice please go online to NHS 111 online wherever possible, or if you do not have access to the internet dial NHS 111.
For mental health support please contact:
- North Team - 01249 468500
- South Team - 01722432555
- West Team - 01249 706611
- Emergency Duty Service for out of hours and weekends - 0300 456 0100 (Option 7 then 1 for Adults)
- Avon & Wilts mental health care provider (24/7) - 0300 303 1320
- NHS 'GoodSam' - 0808 196 3382
- Richmond Fellowship Mon-Fri 24 hours - 01380 724833
Self-isolation support payment scheme
If you are required to self-isolate, a £500 payment is available if you are working and on a low income and will lose money because you cannot work from home.
If you are self-isolating because you've come home from another country this does not mean you are eligible, you must have a unique Test and Trace number provided by the NHS to qualify, as well as the other criteria detailed below.
- have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace after Monday, 28 September 2020 and have a unique Test and Trace number provided by the NHS
- be a Wiltshire resident
- be employed or self-employed
- have lost income by being unable to work from home while self-isolating
- be receiving at least one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Pension Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- income-based Employment Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit.
Please visit our COVID-19 Test and Trace payment support scheme webpage for more information and how to apply.
PPE for unpaid carers
Wiltshire's eligible unpaid carers are now able to receive PPE following updated national guidance.
Wiltshire Council is working closely with charity Carer Support Wiltshire to ensure unpaid carers receive the PPE they need to keep those they care for and themselves safe. Carers can request PPE if they care for or go into the home of someone they don't live with to provide care or support.
Carers can call Carer Support Wiltshire on 01380 908008 who will provide advice and arrange for delivery of the PPE complete with instructions on how to use it and dispose of it. If you are a carer and not currently registered with Carer Support Wiltshire, we encourage you to call them and talk through whether you may be eligible for PPE and find out about other support services they offer.
A carer is anyone who cares, unpaid, for a family member or friend who could not always manage without their support. They might look after someone with a physical disability, long term health condition, mental health issue or a problem with substance misuse.
Shop local directory
To support local retailers and small businesses during COVID-19, we have put together a Shop Local, Support Wiltshire Directory.
Sorted by place, shoppers can find the businesses close to them, many offering the option to buy online or click and collect.