- Your child is entitled to a free eye test and free glasses - book an appointment with your local optician.
- Eyes can be tested from birth onwards
- Vision plays an important role in your child's development and education
- Early detection and treatment interventions are necessary to avoid preventable sight loss
- Your local optician
- Look after your eyes website.
Children at most at risk of vision impairment are:
- Premature and low birth weight babies
- Genetic eye conditions
- Maternal infections (e.g. measles and rubella)
- Maternal alcohol and drug exposure
- Maternal smoking
- Children with learning disabilities