Please be aware due to Coronavirus if you need any sexual health or contraception service please avoid attending the venue without a booked appointment. Telephone your GP practice or WiSe Wiltshire Sexual health first to discuss your needs over the phone. If you do need to attend the venue for your booked appointment you will need to wear a face covering. Please do not attend your booked appointment if you or anyone in your household have an Coronavirus symptoms.
Sexual health services include access to contraception, testing and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), support and information about safer sexual relationships.
Many sexually transmitted infections are treated easily with antibiotics prescribed by a medical professional. As with any infection, the earlier you're tested the sooner treatment can be given if it's needed. However, there are several infections such as HIV where there is no current cure, there are effective treatments available that enable most people with the virus to live a long and healthy life. It is therefore very important that these infections are diagnosed as early as possible to start effective treatment.
Poor sexual health can impact on your physical and emotional health.
If you are worried about symptoms or would just like information contact your GP practice, a local pharmacist or WiSe Wiltshire Sexual Health on 01722 425120
No Worries is a young people's sexual health service providing confidential sexual health and contraception service 13-24 year olds available to Wiltshire residents at participating venues across Wiltshire.
Services available are:
- Emergency hormonal contraception (EHC) - you may be offered a pill form or a copper coil (IUD) depending on your preference or method available at the venue you attend.
- Free condoms and condom demonstration
- Pregnancy tests
- Chlamydia self test kits and treatment available for patient and partners
- Advice and support around sexual health
If you see the "Young People Friendly" logo you will know that the service works hard to make your visit 'young people friendly'. Staff will listen to your feedback and have been trained to help and support you in the best way
Sexual Health clinics are provided by WiSe Wiltshire Sexual Health at Salisbury Foundation Trust, please can them on 01722 425120. They provide a range of services including:
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) advice about sexual health
- Free condoms
- Contraception, including emergency contraception such as the morning-after pill
- HIV testing, including rapid tests that give results in about 30 minutes and counselling for people who are HIV positive
- PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) - medication that can help prevent people from developing HIV if they've been exposed to it.
- Hepatitis B vaccination
- Information advice about abortion
- Help for people who have been sexually assaulted
These services are available from various locations in Wiltshire but when you call for an appointment please check the service you wish to receive is available at the venue you are attending.
Services available from your GP practice
- Access to Emergency Hormonal Contraception
- Access to a full range of contraception including condoms
- Advice about abortion
- Testing and treatment for STI infections
- Hepatitis B vaccination
- Advice and signposting to sexual health services
Services available from a participating No Worries pharmacy
- Testing and treatment for Chlamydia
- Pregnancy testing
- Free condoms
- Emergency Hormonal Contraception
The Chlamydia Screening program targets young people 15 - 24 years old who are sexually active. Young people are encouraged to screen for this infection as it often has no symptoms but has the potential to cause long term health difficulties.
Testing is easy and straightforward with self testing kits available to order on-line via freetest.me (where further information can also be found). Kits are also available in a variety of venues including your GP surgery, pharmacies, youth services and education settings.
You can order a free home screening kit if you are 16 years old of over and you live in Wiltshire. The service is available to people without any symptoms, it's a reliable and convenient way of testing without having to attend a clinic. The home screening kits test for Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, HIV and Syphilis. You may also be tested for Hepatitis B if you are high risk from your answers to the questions you complete when requesting your home screening kit.
To order a home screening kit Wiltshire Sexual Health: Home Screening kits
If you live in Wiltshire and are having difficulties in ordering your kit please call 01722 425120
0300 003 4566