It's important to keep a healthy weight. Enter your weight and height into the NHS healthy weight calculator to check which range you fall into.
Healthy Me is primarily about having fun! It is a free healthy lifestyle programme for 7 to 11-year-olds and their families. At Healthy Me, we educate families about nutrition and physical activity, helping them to make small, positive lifestyle changes to become healthier, and reach and maintain a healthy weight. Each session is packed full with fun physical activity!
Healthy Me Coaches are currently offering families one to one telephone and video calls, in place of the usual group sessions. The sessions support the child and their family to learn about healthy eating and physical activity in a fun and interactive way. The calls last approximately 30 minutes and are offered after school (times from 3.45pm).
We also offer families support over a 10-week programme and beyond through keeping in touch days, where we can review their progress and ensure they continue to make the positive changes they have made during the course.
The programme is suitable for young people and their families. If you are interested in the programme or wish to refer a family, please complete the referral form provided in the Useful Information section on this page and return to the details provided. For any other enquires, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 003 4566 - option 1.
Other information on weight management
You can self-refer or your doctor or nurse can refer you to:
- Active Health: 12 week physical activity programme at a local leisure centre for ages 16 and above (if you meet certain criteria)
- Healthy Us is a free 12 week group weight management course open to anyone living in Wiltshire, aged 18 or over (14+ with a parent), with a body mass index (BMI) of 28 or above.
- The programme is designed to give you the tools you need to make small but sustainable changes that can be maintained long term. We will support you to lose weight and maintain this weight loss.
- Each interactive session is one hour, led by a weight management coach, and covers a variety of topics which will support weight loss.
- The programme focuses on behaviour change, individuals have their weight taken each week and are encouraged to work towards a 5% weight loss goal by week 12; with follow up sessions up to 12 months.
Who is it for?
- People that want to lose weight
- Aged over 14 with a BMI ≥28
- Living within Wiltshire
- Appropriate for people with health conditions* such as type 2 diabetes, controlled high blood pressure and depression.
To book your place on the next course complete the referral form or contact us at the Wiltshire Health Improvement Hub:
Telephone: 0300 003 4566 - option 1
Healthy Weight 4 Life Toolkit: Information for healthy weight across all ages, including top tips and further support.