It's important to keep a healthy weight. Enter your weight and height into the NHS healthy weight calculator to check which range you fall into.
Healthy Me is primarily about having fun! It is a free healthy lifestyle programme for 7 to 11-year-olds and their families. At Healthy Me, we educate families about nutrition and physical activity, helping them to make small, positive lifestyle changes to become healthier, and reach and maintain a healthy weight. Each session is packed full with fun physical activity!
Healthy Me Coaches are currently offering families one to one telephone and video calls, in place of the usual group sessions. The sessions support the child and their family to learn about healthy eating and physical activity in a fun and interactive way. The calls last approximately 30 minutes and are offered after school (times from 3.45pm).
We also offer families support over a 10-week programme and beyond through keeping in touch days, where we can review their progress and ensure they continue to make the positive changes they have made during the course.
The programme is suitable for young people and their families. If you are interested in the programme or wish to refer a family, please complete the referral form provided in the Useful Information section on this page and return to the details provided. For any other enquires, please email email@example.com or call 01225 716674.
Other information on weight management
You can self-refer or your doctor or nurse can refer you to:
- Active Health: 12 week physical activity programme at a local leisure centre for ages 16 and above (if you meet certain criteria)
- Shape Up 4 Life (SU4L) is a free 12 week Tier 2 Weight Management programme that supports people to lose weight and keep it off long term.
- SU4L is run in groups of 12 to 15 people, during the daytime and evening in community settings; sessions are interactive, practical and discussion based.
Each 1.5-hour weekly session consists of a 45 minute nutrition workshop covering topics such as snacking, portion sizes, fats and sugar. Followed by 45 minutes of light exercise such as circuits, boxercise, resistance bands and seated exercise.
The programme focuses on behaviour change, individuals have their weight taken each week and are encouraged to work towards a 5% weight loss goal by week 12; with follow up sessions at 6 and 12 months.
Who is it for?
- People that want to lose weight
- Aged over 16 with a BMI ≥ 30 kg.m² or ≥28 with comorbidities
- Living within Wiltshire
- Appropriate for people with health conditions* such as type 2 diabetes, controlled high blood pressure and depression.
Telephone: 0800 246 5877
See Useful Information for Self Referral Form and further information on SU4L
- Dietician appointment (if you need specialist advice and support)
- Child / family healthy weight programme - Healthy Me - healthy living course for families with a child above the healthy weight aged 7 to 11 (from September 2014) - telephone: 01225 716674 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health trainers - our dedicated health trainer service can assist you every step of the way to achieving and maintaining your health goals.
Healthy Weight 4 Life Toolkit: Information for healthy weight across all ages, including top tips and further support.