What happens on the day
Prior to the Ceremony, the celebrant and the registrar will meet you at the venue approximately half an hour before the start of the ceremony, either together or individually - the choice is yours!
This is to check that the details to be entered on the schedule are correct and talk through the ceremony to put you at ease so that you can enjoy your day.
Some simple things to remember to ensure everything runs smoothly on the day:
- make allowances for traffic delays
- check where parking is available for you and your guests and let them know
- factor in time for any pre-ceremony photographs you have arranged
Order of Ceremony
- background music of your choice can be played as your guests are seated
- processional music for the arrival of the ceremony party
- welcome and Introduction by the celebrant
- a reading by a member of your ceremony party
- the declaration and contracting words
- additional promises and the exchange of rings
- optional additional reading
- formal announcement
- signing of the Schedule
- closing words
- exit of the couple followed by their family and friends
The Order of Ceremony can vary slightly depending on your choices.