What happens on the day
Prior to the Wedding, the celebrant and the registrar will meet you at the venue approximately half an hour before the start of the ceremony, either together or individually - the choice is yours!
This is to check that the details to be entered into the marriage register are correct and talk through the ceremony to put you at ease so that you can enjoy your day.
Some simple things to remember to ensure everything runs smoothly on the day:
- Make allowances for traffic delays
- Check where parking is available for you and your guests and let them know
- Factor in time for any pre-wedding photographs you have arranged
Order of Ceremony
- Background music of your choice can be played as your guests are seated
- Processional music for the arrival of the wedding party
- Welcome and Introduction by the celebrant
- A reading by a member of your wedding party
- The marriage declaration and contracting words
- Additional promises and the exchange of rings
- Optional additional reading
- Formal announcement that the couple are married
- Signing of the register
- Closing words
- Presentation of the marriage certificate
- Exit of the bride and groom followed by their family and friends
The Order of Ceremony can vary slightly depending on your choices.