Toggle menu

Advice to consumers

How to obtain advice or report a business to Trading Standards

  • All consumers with an enquiry or complaint should contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline, as detailed below
  • Please do not write or send documents to the Trading Standards Department unless you are requested to do so
  • The consumer helpline is operated on behalf of Trading Standards and will keep them informed of your complaint and its progress
  • Trading Standards are unable to accept complaints direct - all complaints must begin via the helpline where practical advice will be offered
  • Any matter involving criminal activity will be automatically notified to the relevant trading standards for both consumer and business

Consumer helpline and online services

The Citizens Advice consumer helpline provides free, confidential and impartial advice on behalf of Wiltshire Council Trading Standards for most consumer issues, energy and post complaints, either via their telephone helpline or their online service. When you use that service to make a complaint or seek advice, the details will be logged on the Government National Database and then shared with Wiltshire Trading Standards for their information and review unless you request otherwise.

If you have a consumer issue and need advice or wish to report a business to Trading Standards you should contact Citizens Advice consumer helpline by telephone on 0808 223 1133.

For textphone dial 18001 followed by Citizens Advice consumer helpline number 0808 223 1133.

The Citizens Advice consumer helpline is open every weekday (Monday to Friday) 9am to 5pm, excluding bank and public holidays. You can get advice and guidance from the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline (opens new window)

The GOV.UK (opens new window) website has advice on many aspects of living in the UK, including employment, housing, education and debt recovery.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email