Voluntary and Community Group Household Recycling Centre Permit
In order to be issued with a chargeable permit, your organisation will need to meet the eligibility criteria specified below. Please read the criteria carefully and check that your voluntary and community group is eligible for a pass before applying.
The eligibility criteria recognises the fact that the Household Recycling Centres (HRCs) are not permitted to accept commercial waste. The council also is not required to accept any waste free of charge if deposited by anyone other than Wiltshire residents recycling or disposing of their own waste.
Under Legislation: Environmental Protection Act 1990 (section 51), the council is able to apply charges and restrict access to its HRCs for non-residents.
You may be eligible to purchase a permit if:
- the waste you plan to bring to the sites has originated from Wiltshire residents
- the waste you plan to bring to the sites is recyclable materials (non-recyclable waste will not be accepted)
- your organisation is a voluntary or community group or a charity whose goods have been donated by Wiltshire residents for reuse, but you have been unable to reuse or resell these items (e.g. items left over from furniture reuse charities, charity shops, jumble sales, "bring and buy" sales)
All of the above must apply for your application to be successful.
You may not be eligible to purchase a permit if:
- the waste your organisation produces is:
- waste from an office
- generated by the group's activities (for example, broken equipment, garden waste from clearing gardens)
- left over from promotional or fundraising events or meetings (for example food packaging and promotional items)
- generated from a public meeting venue that has been hired out for a fee
- non-recyclable material
- the waste you produce has not originated in Wiltshire
If you are not eligible to purchase a permit but have a requirement for a one-off permit for disposing of recyclable materials at household recycling centres, then please contact the council to discuss. The issue of these will be limited to single HRC visits and will be considered on application only.
If you require an alternative format, contact the the Waste team by email - email@example.com.