The governing bodies of maintained schools have a statutory duty to appoint a Designated Teacher to promote the educational achievement of looked-after children on the school roll.
Statutory regulations require that the Designated Teacher in school must be a qualified teacher.
The Designated Teacher should promote a culture of high expectations and aspirations:
- Enabling looked-after children to meet their learning potential
- Allowing the young person's voice to be heard
- Implementating the child's Personal Education Plan (PEP)
- Monitoring Attainment and Progress
- Maximising educational stability for the child
The Virtual School has a role in providing training for Designated Teachers. Details of training can be requested from email@example.com