Jobs for military leavers
To ensure support for both service leavers and military partners, we work closely with key economic partners to ensure support is there to find the right employment in the county or the support needed to start up your own business. For example, Wiltshire Council provides physical space and access to expertise to help their new business get off to a good start at Castledown Business Park in Ludgershall and Manor House in Royal Wootton Bassett.
Organisations, job fairs and general information
- The Enterprise Network
- Business advice and support
- Swindon and Wiltshire Local Enterprise Partnership (SWLEP)
- Inspire - Wiltshire's biggest business network
Wiltshire Council recognises the vital role of the Reserve Forces and the valuable contribution that reservists make to the country's defence, to their communities and to the civilian workplace.
As an employer, Wiltshire Council positively supports staff who are reservists in their spare time.
The Reserve Forces consist of:
- Army Reserve
- The Royal Naval Reserve and the Royal Marines Reserve
- The Reserve Air Forces including the RAF Reserves and Royal Auxiliary Air Force
- Regular Reservists - ex-regular service personnel with a reserve commitment following discharge
- Cadet Force Instructors are also included in this list
Our pledge of support for reservist employees:
- Additional paid leave of up to two weeks to attend camp each year
- Your manager may grant unpaid leave of up to one week and you can buy up to two weeks annual leave
- On your return from active service the council has a legal obligation to re-employ you in your original role or a similar role with the same terms and conditions of service
- 10 days additional paid leave each year to attend military training
- A flexible working policy to assist with military commitments
- Management support in preparation for, during and after mobilisation
- Access to an Occupational Health service
- Eligibility for sickness absence pay in line with terms and conditions
- Eligibility for maternity, paternity and adoption leave in line with terms and conditions
- Death in service scheme
- Corporate Volunteer Reserve Forces guidance used across the organisation
- Recognition will be given to training and experience relevant to employment and will be included on personal
- Records and personal development plans
- The council will encourage the reservist to keep in contact at a social level with friends and colleagues from their workplace during periods of mobilisation
Help us by taking our survey
Project JEMS aims to enhance the opportunities for education, training and employment for adult family members of Service Personnel in the South West of England.
Leaving or left the Armed Forces?