Toggle menu


Some parts of this website have recently been updated - Report a problem with this page.

Housing benefit

If you are on a low income, even if you are working, you may be able to get help with your rental costs. Find out more about the housing benefit scheme (opens new window).

Housing Benefit payments have been replaced by Universal Credit in Wiltshire. This means couples, families and single people should claim Universal Credit unless one of the criteria below applies.

Visit GOV.UK (opens new window) to find out whether you will need to apply for Universal Credit instead of Housing Benefit.

You can only make a new claim for Housing Benefit or Local Housing Allowance if:

  • You and your partner are of state pension age; or
  • You are living in specified accommodation or temporary accommodation (the Housing Benefit Team will determine if this is the case)

The online application form can be used if you are currently receiving Housing Benefit and have been asked to complete a review form.

GOV.UK: Report Benefit fraud (opens new window)

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email