Toggle menu

Council housing

The council owns over 5,000 properties, mainly in the Salisbury and South Wiltshire area, which are rented to tenants. We provide services to tenants including housing-maintenance and dedicated neighbourhood officers and sheltered housing.

If you are interested in becoming a council tenant, you will need to have a housing need under the council's  Allocation Policy (opens new window), either-

  • being homeless or sleeping rough or
  • being statutorily overcrowded (lacking 3 bedrooms) or
  • lacking sufficient space for children or a disabled person or
  • suffering domestic abuse or harassment or
  • having a welfare or medical need to move eg home physically unsuitable or
  • unable to meet one's own essential living costs eg rent, Council Tax, food, heating, clothing or
  • home presently unsuitable for another reason

Pension age applicants with support needs without any of the above needs are admitted to the Housing Register.

Homes4Wiltshire (opens new window)

In this section of the website you can: 

If you would like to apply for a garage, you can complete the Snap Surveys: Garage application form (opens new window). Once completed, we will log your application and contact you when a suitable vacancy arises.

Visit Homelessness for information on homelessness, emergency accommodation and the other ways in which we support the housing needs of the district.

If you are a Wiltshire Council tenant and have a Facebook account, please like and follow Facebook - Wiltshire Council Housing (opens new window) for updates and events about your Housing Service.

Contact Housing (opens new window)

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email