The council owns over 5,000 properties, mainly in the Salisbury and South Wiltshire area, which are rented to tenants. We provide services to tenants including housing-maintenance and dedicated neighbourhood officers and sheltered housing.
If you are interested in becoming a council tenant, you will need to have a housing need under the council's Allocation Policy, either-
- being homeless or sleeping rough or
- being statutorily overcrowded (lacking 3 bedrooms) or
- lacking sufficient space for children or a disabled person or
- suffering domestic abuse or harassment or
- having a welfare or medical need to move eg home physically unsuitable or
- unable to meet one's own essential living costs eg rent, Council Tax, food, heating, clothing or
- home presently unsuitable for another reason
Pension age applicants with support needs without any of the above needs are admitted to the Housing Register.
In this section of the website you can:
- pay your rent online using Housing Rent Payment - Civica ePay
- login or register on the Council's tenant and leaseholder iHousing portal I-Housing tenants services
- report a repair using Council tenants - Maintenance and repairs
- learn more about our Housing Energy Efficiency Programme (HEEP)
- have your say in Resident involvement
- find out about Council tenancy and moving home
- find out about Housing transfers, exchanging your home, and mutual exchanges on Council tenancy
- how we can help combat anti-social behaviour and Domestic Abuse
- learn how you can make a complaint to our corporate complaints team, general complaints seeMaking a complaint, or make a housing specific complaint see Council tenancy
If you would like to apply for a garage, you can complete the Snap Surveys: Garage application form. Once completed, we will log your application and contact you when a suitable vacancy arises.
Visit Homelessness for information on homelessness, emergency accommodation and the other ways in which we support the housing needs of the district.
If you are a Wiltshire Council tenant and have a Facebook account, please like and follow Facebook - Wiltshire Council Housing for updates and events about your Housing Service.