Toggle menu

Information for electors voting in the General Election 2024.

A UK parliamentary election has been called for 4 July 2024. Register to vote by midnight on 18 June 2024: GOV.UK: Register to vote. (opens new window) You can also vote by post: GOV.UK: apply to vote by post (opens new window). The deadline to apply is 5pm on 19 June 2024 or apply to vote by proxy by 5pm on 26 June 2024: GOV.UK: Apply to vote by proxy (opens new window)


Overseas electors may consider applying to vote by proxy. For more information see the General Election 2024 page.

Adult care services privacy policy

Wiltshire Council has a duty to protect personal information and will process personal data in accordance with the current Data Protection legislation.

Wiltshire Council will use your personal data to identify your care needs and to provide the relevant service for your needs.

Your personal data may also be used for the prevention or detection of fraud or crime and in an anonymous form for statistical purposes.

The data will be stored on computer and/or manual files.

Purposes of processing

The purposes of the processing for which the personal data are intended as well as the legal basis for the processing to identify the provision of Adult Social Care services.

Lawful basis

Our processing shall be lawful because at least one of the following will apply:

  • the client has given consent to the Council for processing of their personal data for one or more specific purposes
  • processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract
  • processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Council is subject
  • the data subject has given consent to the Council for processing of their personal data for one or more specific purposes
  • processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person

Special condition for processing of special category data

If your special category data is processed, in addition to one of the above, processing will be necessary because at least one of the following shall also apply:

  • the data subject has given explicit consent to the processing of those personal data for one or more specified purposes
  • processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest
  • processing is necessary for the purposes of preventive or occupational medicine, for the assessment of the working capacity of the employee, medical diagnosis, the provision of health or social care or treatment or the management of health or social care systems and services

Sharing and receiving data

Wiltshire Council is required by various laws to provide these services and in order for Wiltshire Council to do this they may share your personal information with other partner agencies.

For example:

  • your GP
  • the NHS
  • care centres/residential/nursing homes
  • respite homes
  • the Independent Living Fund
  • home adaptation services
  • domiciliary agencies
  • the Revenues and Benefits Service, for the purpose of identifying next of kin, in the event of a death
  • Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust
  • contracted medical services for out of office hours
  • Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service, for the purpose of home safety advice
  • Wiltshire Health & Care
  • Wiltshire Citizens Advice
  • carrying out surveys

Bath and Northeast Somerset, Swindon and Wiltshire Integrated Care Record (BSW ICR) is a digital care record system for sharing information in Bath and North East Somerset, Swindon and Wiltshire.

It allows instant, secure access to your health and social care records for the professionals involved in your care.

Relevant information from your digital records is shared with people who look after you.  This gives them up-to-date information making your care safer and more efficient. See Bath and North East Somerset, Swindon and Wiltshire Integrated Care Board: Your care record (opens new window) to learn more about how your information is being used.

Only information necessary to provide a specific part of your care will be shared with the agency involved.

Data retention

Wiltshire council will process your data for no longer than is necessary. For further information, read the Records Disposal schedule on Information Governance Policies

Your rights

Your rights are set out in the current Data Protection legislation and include the right to:

  • access your personal information, to request rectification or erasure of certain personal information and to object to processing in certain circumstances
  • withdraw any consent you may have given to process your personal information
  • complain to the Information Commissioner if you feel we are processing your personal information unlawfully, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office
  • restrict processing activity in certain circumstances
  • object to certain types of processing activity

If you have specific information that you do not wish to be shared or an agency that you do not wish to receive your information, please inform your key worker who will be able to discuss this and any implications with you.

You need to be aware that your care and the service Wiltshire Council provides may need to be adapted and/or changed if you decide not to allow information to be shared.

You have a right to gain access to your records. If you have a key worker, please contact them and they will be able to allow you to access your file and also provide assistance. If you do not have a key worker and you wish to gain a copy of your file please contact by writing to Information Governance Team, County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge BA14 8JN or (opens new window).

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email