Toggle menu

Council advises any residents and businesses affected by flooding to apply for grant funding

Published 11 January 2024
Flooded road in Wiltshire

Following the flooding caused by Storm Henk, Wiltshire Council is advising any significantly impacted homeowners or businesses to apply for Government grant funding.

There are several different types of support, depending on the damage and the type of property affected, including:

  • Community Recovery Grant: grants of up to £500 to help affected severely affected flooding households with their immediate recovery.
  • Business Recovery Grant: up to £2,500 per small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) to support businesses that have suffered severe impacts from the floods.
  • Council Tax Discount: 100% council tax relief, for a minimum of three months, for residents whose property has been flooded, or which is considered unliveable, as a consequence of Storm Henk.
  • Business Rates Relief: 100% relief from business rates, for a minimum of three months, for businesses directly impacted by Storm Henk.
  • Property Flood Resilience Repair Grant Scheme: grants of up to £5,000 will be made available to eligible local authorities to help homes and businesses to become more resilient to flooding by helping to pay for a range of property improvements.
  • Farming Recovery Fund: Farmers who have suffered uninsurable damage to their land will be able to apply for grants of up to £25,000 towards repair and reinstatement costs for farmers adversely affected by exceptional flooding.

Find out more and download the grant application forms on Flooding.

Cllr Caroline Thomas, Cabinet Member for Flooding, said: We know just how badly the recent Storm Henk has affected homes and businesses across Wiltshire, with people in Bradford on Avon, Marlborough and Salisbury particularly hit by rising water levels.

I'd urge anyone who has been the victim of flooding as a result of Storm Henk to contact us as the first step in receiving grant funding.

As things are moving quickly at this stage, we are still awaiting further information from the Government about how exactly people can claim this funding, which is why we're asking people to contact us in the first place and we'll then advise them on how they can apply in full.

Homeowners and businesses that have been affected by flooding from Storm Henk should contact the council in the first instance on (opens new window).

To find out more, go to

Explore the topic

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email