There is a charge of £50 for the collection of garden waste from 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020.
In order to make sure you don't have any interruption to your fortnightly garden waste collections, you will need to renew your annual subscription by 14 June 2019.
You can renew online using the button above.
Not an existing customer?
You can sign up for the service at any point from April 9 2019 online or by phone on 0300 456 0103.
Bins will be emptied fortnightly, except for two weeks over the Christmas and New Year holiday period.
If you would like to sign up for the service, please call the council on 0300 456 0102.
|Month you sign up||Amount you will pay|
April, May, June, July 2019
August, September, October 2019
November, December 2019, January 2020
February, March 2020
After you have renewed or signed up, you will be sent a garden waste sticker within three weeks. The council will only collect garden waste bins which have been paid for and have a valid sticker attached.
The price you pay takes into account the delivery period for your sticker to arrive. Your collections will only begin once this sticker is attached to your bin.
If you require a bin, this will be delivered to you separately within two weeks.
We cannot accept American Express.
Alternatively, you can pay over the phone using your debit or credit card by calling 0300 456 0103.
What can you put in your garden waste bin?
- Grass cuttings
- Cut flowers
- Hedge clippings
- House plants (please remove soil)
- Twigs and small branches
- Untreated sawdust and wood shavings
- Real Christmas trees (can be left next to your bin)
- Any food waste including fruit, vegetables, peelings, coffee grounds, tea bags, egg shells, meat
- Windfall fruit (You can compost food waste at home - Compost at home )
- Animal waste
- Pet litter
- Dirty pet bedding
- Soil or turf
- Bricks, stones or rubble
- Paper, shredded paper or card
- Large items of garden waste
- Large branches or logs
- Seed trays and plant pots
- Packaging of any kind including 'compostable bags'
Frequently Asked Questions
If you do not want to sign up or renew your garden waste service and do not wish to keep your bin, we will retrieve it. If you change your mind and sign up for the chargeable garden waste service within a year, there will be a £25 charge in addition to the annual fee.
In order for your bin to be retrieved you must:
• Request a retrieval by calling the council on 0300 456 0102.
• Empty your bin. We cannot retrieve bins containing waste.
• Keep your bin in an easily visible and accessible place so that the crew can locate it.
Due to weather conditions, we sometimes experience problems with emptying garden waste bins where the contents have frozen. Our refuse loaders will endeavour to shake the bins two or three times to try to release the contents as much as possible but some frozen waste may remain in the bin. Unfortunately, we will be unable to return to empty the frozen bins and would ask that you please release the contents before adding any more garden waste to the bin.