Sign up or renew your garden waste collectionsSign up or renew here
There will be a charge of £44 for the collection of garden waste from 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018.
If you wish to sign up part-way through the year, you will pay on a quarterly, pro-rata basis. Please see information below.
Bins will be emptied fortnightly, except for two weeks over the Christmas and New Year holiday period.
|Month you sign up||Amount you will pay|
April, May, June, July 2017
August, September, October 2017
November, December 2017, January 2018
February, March 2018
After you have renewed or signed up, you will be sent a garden waste sticker within three weeks. The council will only collect garden waste bins which have been paid for and have a valid sticker attached.
If you require a bin, this will be delivered to you separately within two weeks.
Marks and Spencer and John Lewis Partnership cards cannot be accepted online. If you want to pay using a card from one of these providers please call us on 0300 456 0103. In addition, we cannot accept American Express.
Alternatively, you can pay over the phone using your debit or credit card by calling 0300 456 0103. A 2% surcharge will apply to all credit card payments.
What can you put in your garden waste bin?
- Grass cuttings
- Cut flowers
- Hedge clippings
- House plants (please remove soil)
- Twigs and small branches
- Untreated sawdust and wood shavings
- Real Christmas trees (can be left next to your bin)
- Any food waste including fruit, vegetables, peelings, coffee grounds, tea bags, egg shells, meat
- Animal waste
- Pet litter
- Dirty pet bedding
- Soil or turf
- Bricks, stones or rubble
- Paper, shredded paper or card
- Large items of garden waste
- Large branches or logs
- Seed trays and plant pots
Frequently Asked Questions
If you do not want to sign up or renew your garden waste service and do not wish to keep your bin, we will retrieve it. If you change your mind and sign up for the chargeable garden waste service within a year, there will be a £25 charge in addition to the annual fee.
In order for your bin to be retrieved you must:
• Request a retrieval by calling the council on 0300 456 0102.
• Empty your bin. We cannot retrieve bins containing waste.
• Keep your bin in an easily visible and accessible place so that the crew can locate it.