Information for traders and shoppers, market times and locations
Street markets - COVID-19 update
Wiltshire Council-run street markets are now fully open, with stallholders now able to sell their full range of goods. Since Government COVID-19 restrictions were introduced markets were only previously able to sell food.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the markets but please adhere to all measures in place and take notice of the on-site signage, including staying at least two metres apart from each other and our stallholders.
- When visiting the markets, please:
- Stand two meters apart in queues
- Don't pick up and put back items unnecessarily
- Shop individually if you can
- Pay via Contactless if you're able to
- Don't visit if you're displaying any COVID-19 symptoms
Other measures in place include:
- A socially distancing queuing system will be in place at each market for each stall
- A number of stall holders have laid their stalls out differently to have a dedicated entrance and exit and operate a one way system
- All stallholders have been advised to follow government guidelines around hygiene, regular hand washing and sanitising
- Council officers will be on site to manage set-up and ensure stalls are socially distanced
Wiltshire Council run Markets
The market schedule can be found below
Wiltshire's markets are an integral part of the local community and provide an assortment of goods, from antiques, carpets and clothing to fresh fruit and vegetables.
By shopping at your local market, you're not only supporting local business, but you'll pick up good quality goods at great prices, and help the environment by using less packaging.
As well as our regular markets, there are also farmers' markets selling a range of local produce, and special events such as the French, Italian and Christmas markets.
Weekly markets are run by Wiltshire council. If you have any enquiries you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wiltshire Council market weekly schedule
We run a number of markets across the county each week, these are listed below.
Devizes Town Council run a weekly outdoor market on a Thursday in the Market Place and the Shambles Indoor Market in Devizes is open every day except Wednesday.
Bradford on Avon Market is held every Thursday and run by Bradford on Avon Town Council.
Chippenham Friday and Saturday markets transferred to Chippenham Town Council on 1 June 2019.
Royal Wootton Bassett Town Council run a weekly Wednesday market in the High Street.
Markets, events and enforcement fees and charges
Wiltshire Council is the data controller for the personal information you provide in this form. The Council's Data Protection Officer can be contacted at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be used only in accordance with the Wiltshire Council notification under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The council will disclose this information to Wiltshire Police, Licensing, Public Protection, Environment Agency, Waste, Revenues & Benefits, DWP, Trading Standards, Wiltshire Highway Authority and any other relevant Wiltshire Council department/employee. For further information about how Wiltshire Council uses your personal data, including your rights as a data subject, see our Privacy notice on the website.