Local land searches subject information notice
Wiltshire Council is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office. Full details of the registration are available at ICO register of data controllers (ico.org.uk).
We can be contacted by phone, in person, or in writing.
Our DPO may be contacted as above or online at InformationGovernance@wiltshire.gov.uk.
The Council's Local Land Charges services will process your personal information for the following purposes:
- Maintaining our own accounts and records
- Supporting and managing our employees
- Carrying out surveys
- Carrying out audits
- Undertaking research
- Managing archived records for historical and research reasons
- Corporate administration and all activities we are required to carry out as a data controller and public authority
- The provision and administration of local land charges personal search services
- Communicating changes regarding the services we provide.
Our processing shall be lawful because at least one of the following will apply:
(a) the data subject has given consent to the council for processing of their personal data for one or more specific purposes;
(b) processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the council;
If your special category data is processed, in addition to one of the above, processing will be necessary because at least one of the following shall also apply:
(a) the data subject has given explicit consent to the processing of those personal data for one or more specified purposes,
(b) processing relates to personal data which are manifestly made public by the data subject;
(c) for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity;
(d) processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest,
(e) processing is necessary for the purposes of preventive or occupational medicine, for the assessment of the working capacity of the employee, medical diagnosis, the provision of health or social care or treatment or the management of health or social care systems and services.
Where necessary and lawful, or when required we may share information with:
- Service providers
- Local and central government
- Professional advisers and consultants
- Professional bodies
- Survey and research organisations
- Secure mailing
- Police forces
- Data processors
- Regulatory bodies.
Wiltshire Council will process your personal data for the above purposes for no longer than necessary. Full details of our retention schedule may be found online.
Your rights are set out in the current Data Protection Legislation and includes:
- The right to access your personal information, to request rectification or erasure of certain personal information and to object to processing in certain circumstances
- The right to withdraw any consent you may have given to process your personal information
- The right to complain to the Information Commissioner if you feel we are processing your personal information unlawfully
- The right to restrict processing activity in certain circumstances
- The right to object to certain types of processing activity
The information you are giving us is not a statutory or contractual requirement; or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
You are not obliged to provide this information.
Failure to provide us with the information may result in the Local Land Charges services team being unable to offer you their full range of services.
Wiltshire Council Local Land Charges team does not use automated decision making in respect to your personal information.