Exit Accessibility View

Council sheltered housing

  • Sheltered housing is a supported flat or bungalow that is self contained but linked to our Community Alarms Centre
  • This allows tenants to call for help at any time in an emergency
  • A team of Housing Support Officers provide daily weekday support to all sheltered schemes
  • The Council has 22 schemes across the district, providing different levels of support
  • Our Sheltered Housing schemes give older people the opportunity to live independently in the community with a level of support agreed with them
  • Most schemes have a range of communal facilities including a residents’ lounge, laundry facilities and guest rooms  
  • A variety of accommodation is available from studio flats to bungalows including flats within secure schemes
  • If you are currently a Wiltshire Council tenant to qualify you should be aged 60 or over

If you do not currently live in Council accommodation you should be aged 60 years old and also fall into one of the categories below

  • You or your partner should live or work in the district, or
  • Have previously lived in the district, or
  • Have a family connection to the district.

You can apply for sheltered housing through the choice-based lettings system, Homes4Wiltshire


Share this page

Last updated: 15 May 2017 | Last reviewed: 15 May 2017