Credit/Debit card payments can be made over the telephone or cheques should be made payable to Wiltshire Council and sent along with your proposal to the appropriate area office. Please include your payment with the appropriate form or letter. All the charges below are inclusive of VAT.
If advice is sought on matters concerning the viability of development, it is likely that we would need to seek external independent assessment and opinion. The cost of any independent assessment work carried out by external parties would need to be borne by the applicant, agreement to which would be sought beforehand.
Enquiries whether planning permission is required
Information on Permitted Development rights can be viewed on the planning portal website. If you require information on whether permitted development rights have been removed from your property please contact your local planning team – this advice is free of charge.
|Full planning history report showing all decisions based on a geographical area||£45|
Household extensions alterations and improvements (to a single dwelling) Where planning permission and LBC advice are sought together for the same/similar proposals only the planning fee will be required.
|£70 per written request|
|Residential Listed Building Consent (LBC)||£70|
|Removal / variation of condition||£70|
|Change of use||£173|
|Advertisement||£40 per written request|
|2 - 4 units||£290|
|5 - 9 units or sites up to 0.5 ha||£580|
|10 - 99 units or sites up to 5 ha||£870|
|100 + units or sites over 5 ha||£1160|
|Non residential listed building consent||£70|
|Advertisement per written request||£40|
|Changes of use of land or buildings||£173|
|Up to 200 sqm (including alterations where no floor space is proposed)||£116|
|200 - 1000 sqm||£580|
|1000 - 10000 sqm||£870|
|10000 + sqm||£1160|
|1000 - 9999 m2 gross floor area and local scale waste facilities||£866|
|Over 10000 m2 gross floor area and strategic scale waste facilities||£1155|
|Any new quarry or mine and any extensions to existing sites where extraction area is more than 15 hectacres||£635|
|All other quarry proposals||£231|
A fee calculated in accordance with the above table will be required in all circumstances, including where advice is sought following a refusal decision or a withdrawal. Verbal advice will be given following a refusal on why a proposal is unacceptable. Any subsequent schemes discussed for the same site will be subject to the fees set out above.Close
The planning application fee exemptions which can apply to second applications made following a refusal decision or a withdrawal do not apply to pre-application enquiries.
If the proposal is for mixed use the fee will be worked out on the floor area of the proposal and the number of dwellings. The fee is calculated for each use proposed and the charge will be for whatever will be the highest fee.
- Advice relating to protected trees (covered by a Tree Preservation Order or within a conservation area).
- Advice to third parties affected by development proposals.
- Advice to parish, city, town councils and area boards relating to development they will commission/undertake.
- Advice relating to development specifically for the benefit/use of disabled persons. (A disabled person is one to whom Section 29 of the National Assistance Act 1948 applies or a child who is disabled for the purposes of part III of the Children Act 1989. A medical practitioner’s certificate may be required in some cases).
- Applications required following the removal of permitted development rights by planning condition or Article 4 Direction.
- Advice on playing fields/recreational facilities for their own use sought by a non-profit making club, society or other organisations, whose objectives are to provide facilities for sport and recreation.
Please note an enquiry made for a revised proposal within 3 months of the date of the response to the initial enquiry will be free of charge provided that:
- The enquiry is made by the same person as the previous enquiry.
- The enquiry relates to the same site or part of the same site as the previous enquiry.
- The development is of the same character or description as the development to which the earlier enquiry related.
- The revisions are specifically aimed at addressing matters identified in the first pre-app response and advice and do so comprehensively.
- Officers will consider one set of revisions only, multiple revision stages will not be acceptable.
- Further meetings will be at the case of officers' discretion but are unlikely to be necessary.