Toggle menu

Current pre-application advice charges

We have re-introduced the pre-application service for householder enquiries. Householder applications are defined as the following:

  • an application for planning permission for development to an existing dwelling house, such as a house extension, or within the curtilage of an existing dwelling house for any incidental use such as a garden building or garage.
  • an application for planning permission in relation to the above where normal permitted development rights have been removed through a condition of a planning permission or local development order.

Applications for change of use to residential use are not covered in the above definition and can still be submitted for pre-application consideration and advice.

Advice on the discharge of conditions or non-material amendments will also not fall under the definition of householder for these purposes.

The applicable fee for each application is dependant on the scale and type of development and is classified into 6 levels, with different fees for solar energy and waste and mineral developments.

Further information on charges

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email